Friday, January 19, 2007


Hello My Friends,

Almost as well kept a secret as the Warm Front grant, I would like to outline the Landlords Energy Saving Allowance for private sector Landlords in the UK.
Individual landlords (and other landlords who pay income tax) who let residential property and install loft insulation, cavity wall insulation and solid wall insulation to properties have been able to claim a deduction in their income tax bill, this is called the Landlords Energy Saving Allowance (LESA). This came into force in April 2005 and unfortunately there has been little or no promotion of this allowance by the Government or most local Authorities.

The maximum amount which can be claimed is £1,500 per property.

Following the 2006 Budget, from 6th April 2006 the LESA has been extended to enable landlords to also claim the allowance for expenditure from installing draught-proofing and for insulating hot water systems in dwelling houses which they let.

Further information is available from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

But don't expect a leaflet - they are still at the printers!

From Your Friend The Energy Angel


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home