Sunday, January 21, 2007

Liar Liar Racist Pants On Fire!

Hello There My Friends - I hope that Jade Goody learns something from this experience - she definitely hasnt been one to Make Good Choices lately and I truly think her real personality shone through - she is a fake and ugly on the inside and out and needs to be put up as an example of how not to behave especially when you have gained your "celebrity" status by basically being naked on TV, ignorant and taking part in televised under the duvet activities! Yeuch - you just wouldnt .... would you ??? I cant even recall the name of the bloke that she was in the bed with now !

Big Brother controversy in quotes

In the past week, Celebrity Big Brother moved from being TV entertainment to a national race debate and an international diplomatic incident.

Here are some of the key quotes - from participants in the show and key figures in the real world.

SUNDAY 14 JANUARY

Shilpa Shetty: "Why do they hate me? Why am I detested? I feel like I'm losing my dignity.

"I'm the only one they are mean to, I don't know why, nobody is mean to anyone else except me. I'm scared to say anything else. They've pushed me to the brink."

TUESDAY 16 JANUARY

Jade Goody on Big Brother
Jade Goody referred to Shilpa Shetty as "Shilpa Poppadom"
Jade Goody to Shetty: "You're a liar and a fake. You're a liar. You're not in Neverland here, you're not no princess here you're normal. You are normal. You are normal Shilpa and learn to live with it.

"You need a day in the slums. Go in your community and go to all those people who look up to you and be real."

Danielle Lloyd: "I think she should f**k off home."

Cleo Rocas to Shetty: "I don't think there's anything racist in it."
Shetty: "It is, I'm telling you."

WEDNESDAY 17 JANUARY

Goody: "I couldn't think of her surname. Why would I be talking to someone like that, I don't know what her surname is. What is it? Shilpa Cookamada, Shilpa whatever Rockamada, Shilpa Poppadom. It was like that, literally come out like that.

"There was no fault or no racial anything meant in any of those comments. It's not in me to be racial about somebody or to somebody because I wouldn't. It was just a tongue in cheek, Shilpa Poppadom."

Shetty, referring to her previous opinion that Jade was racist: "I take that back. I thought it was because everybody was having an argument with me...

"You know, people say things in a fit of anger and I stand corrected. I don't feel that there was any racial discrimination happening from Jade's end. I think there are a lot of insecurities from her end but it's definitely not racial."

Shetty to Goody: "I don't think you're racist. But it did come across as kind of racial, what you said even before that. I didn't hear you say it. Your mum used to address me as Indian..."

UK Prime Minister Tony Blair: "I've not seen the particular programme in question and therefore can't comment on it.

"But of course, I would agree entirely with the principle that we should oppose racism in all its forms."

UK Chancellor Gordon Brown: "I understand that in the UK there have already been 10,000 complaints from viewers about these remarks, which people see, rightly, as offensive.

"I want Britain to be seen as a country of fairness and tolerance. Anything detracting from this I condemn."

Indian Minister for External Affairs Anand Sharma: ''It has caused indignation, it is most unfortunate, and any kind of racism - or racist slur - is unacceptable in any civilised society.''

THURSDAY 18 JANUARY

UK Culture Secretary Tessa Jowell: "I think this is racism being presented as entertainment, and I think it is disgusting.

"My personal view is that this has caused enormous offence not only abroad but to the Indian community here."

Bollywood filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt in Mumbai's DNA newspaper: "I believe no-one can insult you without your permission. Shilpa Shetty has paid the price for trying to desperately seek the approval of the West.

"It is pathetic how we can go on bended knees and lick the boots of Westerners in an effort to be part of their world."

Carphone Warehouse chief executive Charles Dunstone: "Our concern has rapidly mounted about the broadcast behaviour of individuals within the Big Brother house.

"We are totally against all forms of racism and bullying and indeed this behaviour is entirely at odds with the brand values of The Carphone Warehouse.

"As a result, we feel that as long as this continues, we are unable to associate our brand with the programme."

Channel 4 chief executive Andy Duncan: "The debate has been heated, the viewing has at times been uncomfortable but, in my view, it is unquestionably a good thing that the programme has raised these issues and provoked such a debate.

"These attitudes, however distasteful, do persist - we need to confront that truth.

"We have reached the view that we cannot with certainty say that the comments directed at Shilpa have been racially motivated or whether they stem from broader cultural and social differences."

FRIDAY 19 JANUARY

Goody after being evicted: "I'm not racist, but I can see why it has had the impact it's had. I can see why it looks like bullying.

"I'm disgusted in myself for saying what I have just seen myself saying. I do not approve of any of my actions and I do not approve of the words that came out of my mouth."

SATURDAY 20 JANUARY

The Sun newspaper editorial: "Jade Goody went into the Big Brother house appearing to be simply a fun-loving working-class girl canny enough to have made millions from her 15 minutes of fame. It was all a meticulously manufactured lie.

"She has left the house with her true personality laid bare - a vile, pig-ignorant, racist bully consumed by envy of a woman of superior intelligence, beauty and class."

Archbishop of York Dr John Sentamu: "Sadly ignorance is not in short supply. Racism is real.

"As the week's events on reality television demonstrate, there is an ugly underbelly in society only too ready to point the finger at the foreigner, or those who might not fit in.

PR guru Max Clifford: "Ironically, the programme that made [Jade] could be the programme that breaks her.

"Whoever is responsible for putting her in there obviously is responsible for possibly finishing her career."

Jade - sort out your sh*t and Make Good Choices - I really hope you do indeed pass all your fee income from this show and the interview with the News Of The World to charity (and not the Goody Family Foundation either - I think your Mum and your sado boyfriend should also contribute their fees along with the pathetic excuse for a female Danielle (so hope Mr Sherringham now drops that strumpet) and Jo "S Club" O'Mera - they were equally as racist and offensive as Ms G.

From Your Friend The Energy Angel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home